Monday, January 14, 2013


Alright, so the beautiful Korean mountains I had envisioned myself sailing down actually turned out to be more like hills. Actually, the ski resort looked exactly like Highland Hills in Minnesota. This was disappointing for the avid skiers in our group, but we all decided we were going to have a blast anyway! There was one triple black diamond (which was probably the equivalent of a Minnesotan black diamond) that was fun, but short, and the rest of the slopes were fairly easy. It took me a while to get my ski legs back, and I only fell once! One of my friends had a pretty messy fall and had to walk down the rest of the hill while we went back up to look for his missing ski. He was fine, and to see ten Americans snowplowing down the mountain with their heads down, looking around desperately, was probably quite a funny sight. We had hot cocoa and dippin' dots in the chalet, and then headed home after a fun, beautiful day. Now we're on to final presentations (mine is tomorrow) for our St. Olaf class and lectures upon lectures about South Korean relations with Japan and the rest of the world.
One more fun experience: on Sunday a small group of us decided to check out a dog cafe! These are not places where people eat dog, as many people back home have asked me, horrified, but they are cafes where dogs can go to play! Kind of like a city version of a dog park. There are dogs that live there as well as dogs brought by their owners, and the place is a MADHOUSE. It was a little disappointing when we realized that all these cute dogs running around were only interested in you if you had a treat for them. Which we didn't. The only dog that genuinely liked me was a yellow lab...who could have guessed? That just proves that they are the best dogs! Anyway it was quite the experience and we were a little grossed out to order drinks in a place where dogs were licking you and jumping up on your table and sitting with you in the booth and peeing all over the floor, but hey, my smoothie was DELICIOUS. It was a good end to the weekend! Some of my friends decided to go try live octopus that day too, and I wasn't there but they came back raving about how good it was. Don't worry, I will not be eating live octopus!

No comments:

Post a Comment